FEEDING the LINE or ENDING the LINE?
Some eye-opening facts from Reinvestment Fund, 2016…
Many food bank clients are food insecure because of under- and unemployment:
• 70% percent of all adult pantry clients are unemployed.
• 33% percent of unemployed adult pantry clients are recurrent pantry clients.
• 29% of adult pantry clients who are employed full time are recurrent pantry clients.
• 32% of adult pantry clients who are employed part time are recurrent pantry clients.
• The median monthly household income of food bank clients is $927 and the median annual household
income is $9,175.20
Source: Feeding America, “Hunger in America,” p. 123 and 127
The FHL Community Missional Food Pantry Training Center aims to “Shorten the Line” with our missional food pantry Training approach. If you would like to learn more, please join our Table Talks